About the Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network
The Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network (BCAN) mission is to increase public awareness about bladder cancer, advance bladder cancer research, and provide educational and support services for the bladder cancer community.
Through advocacy, awareness, research and educational programs such as the Bladder Cancer Think Tank, the Young Investigator Awards, and Patient Insight Webinars, BCAN is providing help and hope for those impacted by this life changing disease. Funds generated through our national BCAN Walk to End Bladder Cancer events support these initiatives and other mission programs.
Know the Facts:
- Bladder cancer is the 6th most commonly diagnosed cancer in the United States – 4th among men and 11th among women.
- There are over six hundred thousand people living with bladder cancer in the United States.
- Bladder cancer has a 50% - 80% recurrence rate.
- In 2018, nearly 81,000 people will be newly diagnosed with bladder cancer and 17,000 will die from this disease..
- Women are more likely to be diagnosed with bladder cancer later and have a worse prognosis than men at almost every stage of the disease.
For more information about BCAN visit www.bcan.org.